Tuesday 22 September 2015

New GZG Kra'Vak

On Monday morning I discovered that Ground Zero Games had released re-sculpted Kra'Vak miniatures. Better still, for a limited time each pack of eight minis comes with two bonus support chaps.

I'd been waiting for the right time to buy some Kra'Vak, so it seemed like this was the time. At 10am that same day I sent off my order for four packs along with a grav APC for the Kra'Vak and a Paladin for my NAC.

That was yesterday. Today I got home from work to find them sitting on my doormat! I know Jon is quick, I sometimes think that he and Gavin at 15mm.co.uk are in competition to see who can get orders out quickest, but you really can't get quicker than that unless you live within walking distance. Yesterday morning I didn't know these had been released!

So what to do? They're not going to get painted just yet; there's a queue. Jon says on his site that the new boys are a bit bigger than the previous sculpts, so here are some hastily prepared comparison pics.


Above L-R: 15mm.co.uk Prang, CMG Protolene, new GZG Kra'Vak, Khurasan Neo-Arab, Armies Army SKOV.


Above L-R: Khurasan, Armies Army, New GZG Kra'Vak, GZG NAC, Clearhorizon HADES Ghost Team (sans head).


Above L-R: GZG, Clearhorizon, White Dragon Miniatures MTU, New GZG Kra'Vak, Brigade Games (former Armies Army).

The Kra'Vak APC came with a little guy to stick out the top, so here's how he compares with the new chaps.


Finally, here's a close up.
Lovely. 


Thanks Jon for your continued excellent service and these great little minis!

5 comments:

  1. Ohh, I'm looking forward to receiving my Kra'Vak - I can then paint up the older sculpts as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you won't be waiting long.
      I'd love to see the finished minis next to the older sculpts.

      Delete
  2. Could you post more comparison photos of Khurasan SF Arabs and ArmiesArmy's SKOVs?
    I had the idea that SKOVs were very bulky but the picture here seems to state the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SKOV aren't bulky, they're very well proportioned. I'll get a separate post up either today or tomorrow.

      Delete